This ragu uses our Spaghetti Seasoning. It’s meaty, garlicky, and has a bold, rich flavor with a slight hint of heat. Serve it over pasta, polenta, or straight out of the pan. No judgments here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot
- 2 celery ribs
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 sprig basil, roughly chopped
- 1½ pounds *spicy Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons COF Spaghetti Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- Place the carrot, celery, onion, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced vegetables, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and basil. Break the tomatoes down with the back of a wooden spoon as tomatoes soften.
- In another skillet brown the sausage until no longer pink, crumbling into small pieces as it cooks. Combine the sausage with the tomato sauce. Stir in the spaghetti seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat before turning to low and simmering until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Serve ragu over cooked pasta. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.